Would You Make This Recipe Again?
Similar to the Macaroni Grill`s pasta dish.
2T. minced garlic
3T. Marsala wine
2C. heavy cream
1C. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2C. chicken broth
1T. Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
2t. minced fresh rosemary
1/2t. minced fresh thyme
1/4t. ground cayenne pepper
1lb. penne rigate pasta, cooked
12 med. shrimp, peeled and deveined (use more if preferred)
2 skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup (~2oz.) thick-sliced smoked prosciutto, chopped
3T. grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2t. paprika
1. Preheat grill to high
2. Prepare gratinata sauce by melting butter over medium/low heat. Add garlic and sweat it for about 5 minutes. Be sure the garlic doesn’t brown. Add the Marsala wine and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients for the sauce and whisk well until smooth. Bring mixture to a simmer and keep it there for 10 minutes or until it`s thick. Cover sauce and remove it from the heat.
3. Cook pasta following directions on the package (7 to 9 minutes in boiling water). You want the pasta tender, but not mushy (al dente). Strain pasta, rinse and set it aside.
4. Pound the thick end of your chicken breasts a bit with a kitchen mallet to make them a uniform thickness. Rub chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle on a bit of salt and pepper. Spear the shrimp on skewers, then rub them with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side. Grill shrimp for 2 minutes per side. When chicken is done, slice each breast into strips.
6. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Toss pasta, sauce, chicken, shrimp and prosciutto to coat. Build each serving in a shallow baking dish. Or you can make it family style in a casserole dish. Combine 3 T. of grated Parmesan cheese with 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika and sprinkle over the top. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top begins to brown.Penne Rustica,