Shrimp Linguine in a Tomato and White Wine Sauce
Would You Make This Recipe Again?
From Closet Cooking.
This recipe is really easy to make and you can tell that it will taste great just by looking at the ingredients list. The tomato sauce is a pretty simple one consisting of onions, garlic, some white wine, the tomatoes, oregano, and of course lots of fresh herbs. This pasta would be perfect to make with fresh ripe tomatoes were they in season but in the middle of winter canned tomatoes worked well.
Makes 4 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion (diced)
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
chili flakes to taste
1/4 cup white wine
1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes (crushed)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound shrimp (peeled and deviened)
1/2 cup fresh herbs such as parsley and basil (chopped)
1 pound linguine (I used whole wheat)
1. Heat the oil in the pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 6-10 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and chili pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and oregano and simmer until the sauce just starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed
7. Season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add the shrimp to the tomato sauce and simmer until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
9. Remove the tomato sauce from the heat and mix in the parsley and basil.
10. Drain the pasta, toss in the tomato sauce and serve garnished with feta.